DRAPERS DIGITAL FESTIVAL 2021: RIP UP THE ONLINE RULEBOOK
Is your business capitalising on fashion retail’s digital acceleration?
Discover the new rules, data and tech reshaping ecommerce
6 October 2021, Bishopsgate London
*Please note, this is subject to change
REGISTRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
FUTURE FOCUS KEYNOTE
The new rules, roles, data and tech to prioritise within a post-pandemic digital roadmap
Shifts in consumer culture, behaviour and priorities, driven by a changing world and post-pandemic mindset, are shaping a new path for the fashion industry – with technology becoming an increasingly critical function. Explore this future landscape and identify the new rules, new roles, data opportunities and key technologies to focus on and invest in for the 12 months ahead, and beyond.
Accelerating the transition to digital-first: now or never
An intimate and honest discussion on the challenges faced by fashion brands in a new digital landscape and a changing of the guard: defining priorities, driving innovation and capitalising on the online boom created by the pandemic to bridge the digital divide and drive sustainable growth.
OUTSIDE INDUSTRY VOICE
Innovating for a changing consumer mindset
COFFEE AND NETWORKING
NEW RULES, DATA AND TECH
KEEPING UP WITH CHANGE
Leveraging big data: shaping your business for a digital-first, data-first strategy
- Exploring the crucial nature of a data-first approach as fashion moves increasingly online, from building new consumer insights to managing inventory and ensuring a resilient, efficient supply chain
- The rise of the Chief Data Officer: understanding and acting on the business need for data experts
- Integrating data into your future strategy from the outset: building the pillars to a great data and digital strategy that removes silos, builds value and empowers consumers
Steve Pimblett, chief data officer, The Very Group
IN CONVERSATION WITH …
Understanding the changing role of bricks & mortar: captivating and connecting the consumer
- With the pandemic having shifted more shoppers to online, how can stores maintain consumers’ attention and drive footfall post-COVID?
- Integrating the store into the omnichannel experience: effectively connecting the dots to ensure smooth interplay between web and store
- Adjusting store concepts to new shopping behaviours, for example ‘touchless’ instore technologies that reduce post-COVID hygiene anxiety
Michael Murray, group head of elevation, Frasers Group
Mastering your omnichannel offering: creating a seamless end-to-end experience in a new era
- What does CRM look like following the accelerated, pandemic-led step change in customer behaviour?
- Creating detailed insights about your consumer and their behaviours to ensure relevance and personalisation across all channels
- Optimising end-to-end digital experiences for an increasingly demanding consumer: how to ensure a frictionless shopping experience at all touchpoints
Jonathan Grail, director digital marketing and CRM, GAP
Nicola Huet, digital and marketing director, Boden
Retail reset: adapting and digitising supply chains and distribution to meet a post-pandemic consumer shift
- Bolstering supply chain strategies and partnerships to ensure agile inventory management and keep up with consumer expectations
- Exploring technologies that overcome the challenges of meeting demand without creating excessive waste
- Striving for the right balance between supply chain efficiency and transparency
Abhy Thomas Joseph, CIO, Pentland Brands
IN CONVERSATION WITH….
Amping up the digital experience: developing a next-level customer journey
How does a leading pureplay brand create a customer journey that speaks to consumer expectations, rewards their loyalty, and personalises their experience? We explore Zalando’s customer experience revamp – from the launch of preowned and brand homes, to a next-level membership programme that aims to deepen customer relationships and retain a boosted post-COVID consumer base.
In-store tech focus: exploring technology that elevates the physical shopping experience
Managing reverse logistics: exploring the most efficient ways of keeping up with the rate of returns as online purchases soar
LUNCH AND NETWORKING
NEW RULES, DATA AND TECH
KEEPING UP WITH CHANGE
Fashion retail’s digital transformation: keeping up with the speed of technology
The accelerated move to digitisation, multiple retail touchpoints, new CRM challenges, the rise of AI, social and conversational commerce and a new hesitation around physical retail are all changing the way fashion consumers shop, whether physically or online.
Which channels, technologies and brands are leading the way, and what are consumers looking for from these technologies?
Sophie Hill, founder & CEO, Threads Styling
Rise of the online marketplace - where will it end up?
- Weighing up the barriers and opportunities around reaching new consumers via multibrand platforms
- Exploring the move by retailers to launch third-party brands: Why are they doing this? Why is it working? How can this be done successfully whilst ensuring standout from competitors?
- Are online marketplaces the new department store? Exploring how online marketplaces offer a connection with your consumer community
Tom Beverley, CEO & Co-Founder, Fy!
Will Charnley, chief sales officer, Seasalt Cornwall
Emma Watkinson, co-Founder & CEO, Silkfred
Can brands afford to ignore social and mobile commerce?
With already-changing purchasing behaviours having been accelerated due to COVID19, mobile and social commerce have become even more critical to master. Combine this with a digitally disruptive Gen Z consumer , and it is time to rethink how you engage with your consumer and integrate new paths to purchase.
- Authentically integrate social media as a seamless sales channel with an onus on building community and reflecting brand values
- Engage mobile-first and mobile-only consumers through apps that deliver on content, community and commerce
Shifting the (tax) balance: a levy on internet shopping?
AI & machine learning: seamlessly transforming processes through intelligent, automated solutions
Successfully scaling up online operations: adapting and driving growth whilst maintaining niche appeal
- How can brands maintain their niche appeal and consumer fan base whilst boosting market share?
- Exploring the challenges of adapting fulfilment processes to meet unprecedented online demand and ever-increasing delivery expectations
- Working with outside investors: losing control or gaining expertise?
Panni Morshedi, COO, Beauty Pie
Lucy Aylen, founder, Never Fully Dressed
COFFEE AND NETWORKING
POWER TALK + Q&A
Digital transformation at pace – but do we need to move faster?
The pandemic shifted the pace of digital retail, no doubt about it – from decision-making, online pivots and organisational structures to an accelerated consumer understanding. How can fashion retail businesses set themselves up for the long-term as a more agile, accelerated version of their pre-pandemic form – and do they need to move even faster to keep ahead?
Gareth Jones, non executive director & chairman, Jigsaw, White Stuff, Moss Bros and Aym Studio
Staying ahead of the game: what’s next for the change-maker?
Whilst Boohoo Group may have stood at a digital advantage over the last 18 months as a pureplay fashion retailer, that doesn’t mean they’ve stood still. Far from it. Today we discuss digital expansion, acquisitions, re-platforming a heritage brand to fit today’s consumer demands, and keeping one step ahead of the digital competition.
Jo Graham, CIO, Boohoo Group